Monday, June 6, 2016

Funday Updates

************
They bought me donuts. They bought me donuts because I am leaving and because my birthday is tomorrow. They also signed a birthday card for me. And a thank you card for my hard work. And included in the thank you card was a gift card and a very sweet note ensuring my success wherever I go.
****
I am definitely going to miss this sort of validation and encouragement! I wonder how I can encourage myself and validate my own work when I am not actually working. This blog might be a good way to start if I can measure some version of success or if I can challenge myself to write semi-frequently. I think the self-reflection in a blog is an important step to knowing one's self and encouraging one's thoughts and feelings. The more I share and the more I reflect, the more real my version of life will be and the more valid the story I tell.

I've been told before that saying your goals out loud and sharing them publicly is great motivation. I'm not quite sure I'm ready for specifics yet, but I think a SMART goal will follow soon. For now I say, I will write. I will.
****
And a special thank you to my bank friends. I doubt any of you will ever read this blog, but if you do please know how great you have been the past few weeks. You got me out of bed before 8 and had me showered and dressed to face the days. You pulled me away from Netflix and popcorn. You taught me quite a lot about Accounts Payables and Corporate Finance and I'll take the knowledge with me wherever I go next. You also started the writing again. Thank you for listening and thank you for providing a platform for me to write.

Thank you!!
************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns? Wanna put my privilege in its place? Commiserate? I'd love to hear it all here!